Sunday, May 3, 2009

My best work yet!


This is a sweater that I made from 100% Mohair (from my goats of course) all hand spun and dyed with Natural Dyes. The pattern started with one from Creative Knitting, but since I knew I wouldn't have enough of any one color to complete it - I had to get creative. Once I got the body done I worked both sleeves at the same time until I ran out of yellow. Then I switched to brown and orange and finished with a bit of green to tie into the shoulders.
It is dyed with Onion for the yellow, Black Walnut for the brown, Madder Root for the orange and the dark green was made by taking a bright almost florescent Mimosa dyed yarn and putting in a bucket with vinegar and an old iron horseshoe (that was my favorite).
The buttons are wood to go with the natural theme.
It's a very warm sweater, but I have already found a few days to wear it. Now it has gone into hiding for the summer...

No comments: